Friday, April 22, 2011

Who Are The Children?


Let me introduce you to the children who stole my heart when I first saw them on the Children International website. A little over five years ago I decided sponsor children when I became financially able and one of the first children that I saw was a sweet shy little girl who lived in Cartagena, Colombia. I think that when I saw her, I was drawn to her sweet smile and learned from her bio that she lived with her mother and that her father was deceased. She also lived with a younger brother who was two years old. At that time the family income was $40 and they lived in a home that had four rooms, was made of concrete block and had a corrugated tile roof. Water was stored in a barrel at home and they used an open field for sanitary purposes.

This little girl's name was Yiseth Vanessa Arrieta and she liked art and playing with dolls. She also like to sing. I loved her name!

After a couple of months of sponsorship and after sending her a letter with a small gift, I was surprised to see new photos of Yiseth one day. She had the biggest smile and she was holding my letter along with the little necklace that I had sent. She was the cutest little thing and from then on, she had the brightest smile on her photos.

Yiseth turned eleven years old on April 13 and she still likes dolls. She also enjoys science, social studies, dancing and wants to become a pediatrician. She was a top student in her class last year. I was fortunate to have another sponsor visit her last April along with other sponsored children and this is when I decided to take the trip to Colombia. She had already asked me to visit in one of her letter and then stated to Steve that she wanted to see me and my family. Well, my family won't be able to come, but I hope to be there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment