Friday, April 22, 2011

Introduction

This blog was created to post thoughts, information, updates on my upcoming trip to Cartagena and Barranquilla, Colombia to visit four children that I sponsor through Children International. This will only be my second trip out of the country and my first time seeing them, so I am a little nervous and very excited! The children that I hope to see are Sonia, Yiseth, Bleidis and Francisco. I decided to visit the children after seeing videos of other sponsor trips and after hearing how the experience has such a positive influence on both the children and the sponsors' lives. So I hope to share as everything unfolds and hope that this will also encourage others to become sponsors and to visit their own sponsored children in the future!

2 comments:

  1. Really nice Sharon. I recently visited two of my sponsored children in the Philippines last January 13, 2011. It is an experience I will never forget! You will get more from it than you'd ever expected. It is also nice to see your sponsored kids and be able to hug them and know that they are not just pictures in your wall. Good luck and God bless. Be safe there! =)
    ~ Roseline Marcelo ~

    ReplyDelete