Friday, April 22, 2011

Sonia Lucia Julio




I saw Sonia about six months later on the CI site and immediately was drawn to her because she had the saddest look on her face and the prettiest brown eyes. She seemed to be unhappy and I wanted to bring a smile. I learned from her bio that she liked art and that she also liked dolls and dancing. At that time, Sonia lived with relatives and her parents were not together. She lived in a home with three rooms that was made of wood and had a dirt floor. The roof was made out of corrugated metal. Fortunately there was a latrine and electricitry was available.


Over the years , Sonia has moved around a bit from relatives, to mother, to dad, and most recently back to relatives. She has an older brother and at least two older siblings. Steve was able to visit her last year and I saw that she had a strong support system and that she was a very shy and reserved child. This reminded me of myself. I hope that sponsorship has been a stable force in her life. Sonia likes sports, music, and social studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment