Sunday, April 24, 2011

Thoughts

When I visited the Bahamas many years ago, I was drawn to the beauty of the beaches and tourist attractions. Life there seemed to be simple and as easy as the smiles of people as I rode with them on the bus and ate in the homes of the church members there. But there was another part that I saw in the back of the home that I stayed in. People lived in tiny one room shacks and garbage was everywhere. These were the homes of the little children who were coming to sing with us in the church services.

I know that the poverty that I will see will be overwhelming when I visit the homes of the children. I will probably battle with the desire to want to do everything to change the living conditions and the realization that with my limited means, I can only do so much. This is always a struggle when you are a child sponsor, but I will focus on trying to let them have a fun day with their sponsor, and let them know that I am here for them as their sponsor and friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment