Saturday, June 11, 2011

Updates

The kids at school are finally out and now I have more time to concentrate on what else I need to do before the trip. Some of these things are taking one more shot on June 18, getting currency for the country from my bank, getting pretty and interesting postcards for the children, finishing up Sonia's flip book, getting my hair done and getting some more walking shoes. I have a large container which my kids call the "Treasure Tub" at school which contains sweets and treats, so after they selected what they wanted on Friday, the last day of school, I brought the remaining things home. I can divide this up between the Cartagena kids and my other sponsored children.

This week I heard from Sonia and Yiseth. Yiseth sent a thank you letter for her birthday gifts and Sonia sent a letter. I was so happy to hear from both of them! I will scan the letters a little later and also scan a photo of Yiseth with her birthday gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment