Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thursday

Today I picked up a few more odds and ends for the kids like water toys. I know that Sonia likes to go swimming and I believe that Bleidis mentioned swimming in one of her letters. Since both Francisco,  his sister, Evelyn, will get clothing as gifts from their sponsors and the new baby received clothing from one of Francisco's sponsors, I did not want little Samy to be left out. I picked up a little top for him from Target along with a small thermos for Francisco and a pencil bag with pencils, erasers. Everything has made it into the two suitcases that I am taking so the checked bags will include a suitcase full of stuff for the children and families and my suitcase which also has some more things for the kids.

I also finished filling out my passport today and recorded some songs for listening. Yesterday I after some difficulty  with phone connections, I was able to speak with staff from both the office in Cartagena and Barranquilla about the itinerary. They sounded very happy and confirmed the times they would pick me up from the hotel. The staff seems to be very accomodating to the sponsors and is working to see that  the visits  go smoothly.

Tomorrow is hair day and taking care of a few other things. Then it will be time to go!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment