Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sunday, June 12

For someone who rarely takes trips, packing and trying to decide what to take and not to take based on the changing airline regulations can be a headache! Thanks to my sister, Cheryl, for some of her tips and thanks to my sister, Carmen, who will travelling to Florida w/me June 20, to get a feel for the plane rides.

Today, I was able to find 2 little USA flags for Francisco and Bleidis, for 50 cents each, get my Xanax refilled (yes, for the plane ride), work on Sonia's flip book which I hope to get finished tomorrow at Staples or Office Max, get more plastic bags for the treats and goodies to give to individual kids in Francisco's family and my other children and their siblings, found some cute dish towels for an aunt, grandmother, and 2 mothers, bought batteries for radio/cassette. I plan to tape some of my fave songs to listen to but I am trying to get acclimated to some of the music of the country. I do like this sound by this group that I found on Youtube:



I remember that Sonia told me the name of her favorite group in one of her letters. Maybe I can find the letter and post it or and ask her about it.

Today I was able to get a new cell phone which I won't be using in the country except to take extra photos, which I can upload to my Verizon account, in case something goes wrong with uploading camera photos from the notepad. Posting pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment