Sunday, June 12, 2011

Pennies for Pancho




This year my first graders collected pennies to buy bricks for home improvements for Francisco's home. We call him Pancho because this is a name given to boys named Franciso. They learned a little about Francisco and his country and they collected $18 in pennies. I plan to show Franciso some of their photos. He will get to see his special friends from the USA. One of my kids asked me Friday, if I could bring Pancho back to the USA to visit them!

A big thank you to another teacher at my school who also contributed to Pancho's penny box. Thank you, Mrs. Bartell!


2 comments:

  1. That is a brilliant idea. I think I may try this with my own students (6th graders) next year.

    racheldavis7 from LiftOne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rachel. Another sponsor, Barbara, came up with the idea :) God bless.

    Shana

    (Glitch in the system won't let me post under my own name!!)

    ReplyDelete