Friday, July 1, 2011

Blogger continues to actup!

The gifts for Francisco's siblings and cousins were placed on one of the beds as we prepared to leave for the mall for games and shopping. His mother mentioned that one of the beds was broken and that it was being held together by plastic. Gabriel and I went outside to wait for Evelyn and Samy who had to get ready. During this time I took photos and videos of the rest of the children in the family and friends. They were very excited and liked the attention. One little guy even said that he was Francisco's brother.

Once we were at the mall we decided to get some lunch before games. The family decided on chicken and fries and I got some type of beef dish which was very tasty. Gabrielle and John, the driver, got something else. Francisco has a pretty good appetite and ate 2 pieces of chicken. He offered to throw away the trash and even ate a piece of beef on my plate that I had not eaten. I noticed that the people in this country do not waste food!

Games and rides were next and the children had an enjoyable time, riding whatever they wanted except for little Samy who wanted to ride the big rides too :) But Samy finally found a game that he loved which was shooting at little objects while riding on a horse. He looked so cute!
Francisco wanted a soccer ball and Evelyn really wanted a large bouncing ball to sit on but her mom said that she needed shoes instead. Francisco also received a new pair of sneakers. The ones he had on looked really beat up. Samy wanted balloons made into Spiderman. Samy also slipped away from his mother a few times so we had to keep a close eye on him. His mom seems to be a little overwhelmed with all of the children to me. She has her hands full!

The family was able to get plenty of food and baby supplies which will hopefully last for awhile. Thanks to everyone who helped to make this possible. Francisco is very thin to me and is supposed to be getting nutritional supplements but his mom said that he wasn't. I am going to call to see what I can find out.

Finally it was time to say good bye and little Francisco began to cry. He
let me hold him for awhile and then he wanted to get down and ran inside. I hope that he enjoyed his day and all of the gifts that he received. He is a special little guy and I am happy to be a part of his group sponsorship!

No comments:

Post a Comment