Sunday, May 1, 2011

Dora the Explorer


Today I contacted a lady who is known as Dora the Explorer :) and she gives guided tours of Cartagena. I thought that this would be a good way to spend the day that I will not be visiting the children. Here is a description of the tour she sent that I would like to take:



CITY TOUR - PRIVATE

We begin our tour in Manga where we will see great mansions built at the beginning of the XX Century.
We visit the main monuments of the city. We start at the hill of La Popa from where, besides visiting the monastery and the chapel, we will be able to admire a fantastic view of the city. Following we head towards the San Felipe de Barajas Fort, the most important fort built in the whole American continent. We Visit the Fort. Next we walk around the walled area admiring houses and plazas such as Plaza de Santa Teresa, Plaza de Bolivar, Plaza de la Aduana, Plaza de los Coches, full of history and legends. Finally we go to the new city and see all this modern architecture; we see the bay and the forts.

Transportation: air conditioning new van. - Professional English speaking tour guide.

Time: three hours and a half .

Transportation and tour guide is included.


I like the idea of the air conditioned new van :) because I am really concerned about the heat this time of the year in Cartagena. Another sponsor suggested taking a small handheld fan so this is on the list. The tour seems to be reasonably priced and Dora has received very good reviews from other travellers who have been on tours with her. She will also be able to pick me up from the airport and take me to the hotel which will be a relief. I was a little concerned about the taxi situation on the first day!

http://cartagenatour.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment